Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Banana Pancakes

I've been listening to a bit of Jack Johnson lately and his song, "Banana Pancakes" keeps popping into my mind. So this morning I decided to make some for the first time (I usually make blueberry pancakes). Dang if they didn't come out good. The yogurt makes them really light and fluffy. I used kinnikinnick pancake flour mix, but altered their recipe:

1 egg
1 Tbl Penzy's Baking Spice (or you could use cinnamon)
1 tea Vanilla Extract
1 Tbl Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
1/4 Cup Milk
1 1/3 Cup Kinnikinnick Pancake flour Mix
1 Banana (chopped into little bits)

Whisk egg, spice, vanilla and oil. Add yogurt and milk, whisk again. Whisk in pancake mix. Fold in Bananas. Scoop batter onto lightly buttered griddle (medium/low temp). Flip when little bubbles appear on top of pancake. Remove when both side are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment