- 1/2 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano or Cubanelle pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 sm whole wheat submarine rolls (or to make GF, use a teff wrap or gf bun)
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone or Swiss
Heat oven to 350Â°F. Combine steak, cilantro, and garlic in medium bowl and toss to coat.
Heat large frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, turning twice, until edges are lightly browned but center is still pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Coat same skillet with cooking spray and add onion, bell pepper, chile pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
Put rolls on baking sheet and lay 1 cheese slice on each. Warm in oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Add steak and onion-pepper mixture to rolls and serve immediately.